COVID-19 LEVEL 4 PROTOCOL
As a professional eye care service providers, we are opening the practice on Monday, 4 May 2020. We would like to ensure you that we have implemented very strict measures for safety for both staff and patients.
The following protocols are in place:
- We will operate on appointment basis only.
- Please make an appointment for:
- An eye examination
- Any spectacle or contact lens collection
- License screenings
- General purchases
- Please inform us if you experience any flu-like symptoms (fever, sore throat, coughing, shortness of breath and loss of smell/taste) or have been in contact with anyone diagnosed with or suspected of having COVID-19. We will gladly make an alternative plan.
Current operating hours for level 4:
- Mondays – Fridays: 9:00 – 16:00
- Saturdays: 9:00 – 13:00
- Sundays & Public Holidays: Closed
On arrival, please cooperate with the following:
- Vision Corner offers front door parking.
- Please wear a mask.
- Temperature will be checked when you enter.
- Please sanitize your hands.
- You will be required to fill in an attendance register.
- Seating is available keeping social distancing in mind.
- If possible, we ask that you arrive for your appointment on time and alone to limit contact with others and to reduce any risk of exposure.
Orders and Payments:
- Our laboratories, suppliers and couriers are working with limited staff and capacity. Therefore orders might take longer than in the past.
- We kindly request that all payments are via EFT or Debit/Credit Card where possible.
- All spectacle frames are sanitized with a Dettol solution. After trying on frames, it will be sanitized again before being put back on the shelf. Do not use any alcohol based products to clean your spectacles – it might damage the frame and lenses.
- All equipment and work surfaces will be wiped down with disinfectant after every examination.
- The practice will be sanitized twice a day
- We have educated our staff on the spreading, effects and symptoms of COVID-19 in-line with the NICD guidelines as well as the recommended social distancing protocols required.
For more information, please visit the National Institute for Communicable Diseases website: http://www.nicd.ac.za/
We are looking forward to seeing you.
Thank you for your cooperation in this regard.
Vision Corner, experts in eye care.